Monday, October 5, 2009

week 2

"There is a mystery that many call God, manifesting as universal love, a set of laws, and a great process. That process works through each and all of us, and that process is perfect. As we discover the fundamental truth in the journey of our lives, we find that wherever we step, the path appears beneath our feet" (Millman, 1995, p. 1)

A photograph that first comes to mind:

We've been separated forever, I've never actually had a memory of the five of us together. Every year for the fourth of July, we went to the Sears' house on Main Street in Harbor Springs. Someone wonderful captured the moment of the Schuils on the front steps; freezing in time, a family that was...

The photo that you most associate with loss; Happiness; A change in your life:

I wish I could remember the time or the place I encountered the photo that stuck. She was a mother swaddled in earth toned sheets of colored linen. Dark circles underneath her piercing green eyes made my skin crawl. She was beautiful. In the background was a blur of color. Her house had been destroyed by a tragedy. The mother's face was void of expression, but her eyes told her story. Although she had lost every "thing," she held the world in her arms. The beating heart of her infant was her reminder of what matters most. She appeared terrified, but her eyes held confidence that everything would be alright..they had each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment